Monday, May 10, 2010

Treasure and Craft Market

On Saturday, I was able to participate in my second Craft Show.....The Blair Middle School Treasure and Craft Market in Norfolk.

All week long there was rain in the forecast for Saturday which would mean that we would have to move the craft show into the cafeteria rather than be outside. Obviously, this would not have been an ideal situation since the craft show would not be visible from the street. Thankfully, the rain held off for the show and we were able to set up outside!

The thing that I was not planning for was the wind!! I brought a tablecloth this time, but that almost made things worse because the wind would get up under that tablecloth and try to tip everything off of the table. I probably spent the first half hour of the show troubleshooting how to set the table up and tie the tablecloth down so that my items remained on the table. I was so glad that I had found a cute tray and basket this week for my display. They really helped to anchor the tablecloth! I had originally thought that it would be nice to have a pop-up tent for upcoming craft shows, but I changed my mind after watching people wrestle to keep their tents on the ground the whole time. I really can't complain though because it turned out to be beautiful weather.....besides the wind!

In the above photo, you can see I have redesigned how I am making the crayon wallets.....more on that later!


I had made a cute little pennant banner to go on the front of the table that matched the fabric I was using for the tablecloth, but it just kept blowing around. (like you can see in some of the photos) I ended up taking it down and using the safety pins I had brought for it to pin the corners of the tablecloth around the legs of the table. Hopefully next time I will be able to leave it up! Now I know to keep my fingers crossed for no rain....and no wind!

I'm really looking forward to the upcoming craft show in Suffolk at the Suffolk Seaboard Station Railroad Museum. Between the seasonal re-opening of the Suffolk Farmers Market adjacent to the museum and the Rattle & Roll Spring Car Show just down Main Street, I am hoping for a great turnout!


I'm also hoping to be able to bring my clothing items that I have been working on. I have a busy week ahead of me trying to get ready for this one!

1 comment:

  1. oh my word your stuff is soooo cute. and i also wanted to tell you that the play dough doesn't stain the kids hands :) that would be a disaster

    ReplyDelete