Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Baby Shower Surprise

I was so excited to be able to attend a baby shower for one of my friends this past weekend. Her story is truly miraculous and they are expecting their first child in August. Let me tell you, he is one lucky baby to be joining such a wonderful family!!

I didn't keep every part of her gift a complete surprise....I let her pick out the fabric. I'm glad she picked this fabric from Riley Blake because I had been "eying" it for a while!


I wanted to put together some sort of gift set for her. At first, I was trying to make something that played off the idea of a diaper cake....except with burp cloths, onesies, and a blanket. I couldn't ever get it to match the "picture" that I had in my head. My 5 year-old commented on how she liked the "basket" I was making out of the blanket! So....the end result............


I started off with a blanket with a soft orange minky on the back:

I even added some fun stitching around the edges:

I also included 4 coordinating burp cloths, 2 outfits (not made by me), 2 ribbon pacifier clips, and a monogrammed onesie and baby cap with his name on it on top!

I had so much fun putting this together! This kind of gift set can be customized to include any of my handmade items. I also have a few more ideas for bundling things together for gifts so keep watching for those!



4 comments:

  1. I was the lucky recipient of this gift. Thanks so much. It was adorable!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out absolutely adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out adorable! I love the colors.

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOOO SWEEEEET!!!!! I love it. Thanks for following. I am following yo back.
    Bonnie :)

    ReplyDelete